Moving to a new country to work is full of new challenges. You might need to learn a new language, find a whole new community and support system, search for jobs and apartments, and figure out how to handle your finances in a different country. Luckily, Rewire offers several online money management tools to help you out with that last challenge, and now, we’ve added two more just for Filipinos that will make your life abroad a little easier.
Get Peace of Mind with Family Protection Coverage
For as low as €12 a year (that’s €1 a month!) you can ensure your family back home is protected in case of emergencies. As a migrant who might be living very far away from their family, it can be a huge weight off your shoulders to know that no matter what happens at home, your family is protected financially against any accidents or sudden medical emergencies. Here’s what’s included in the family protection coverage:
- Accidental death & permanent total disability
- Hospital cash assistance
- Medical reimbursement
- Unprovoked murder & assault
- Burial expenses
- Accidents relating to natural disasters such as typhoons, floods, earthquakes, tidal waves, and volcanic eruptions
This coverage can be extended to members of your family between the ages of 18-70 who live in The Philippines. You can purchase this coverage in the Rewire app and activate your policy instantly so that your family is covered right away.
A Simpler Alternative to Money Transfers
The second exciting new addition to Rewire’s service is the Family Card. This card functions as a prepaid credit card, but instead of you using it, you get to send it to your family back home.
With the Family Card, you can add funds to this card from your Rewire account that your family can use. Then, your family in The Philippines has the option to spend the money by either using this card in stores, online, or even withdrawing cash from the ATM. When you top up, the money is available to your family instantly and they don’t have any fees to use the card. You’ll get to use this card for free for the first three months, after which time it’s €2.99 a month without any additional fees.
Here are a few ways you can put this family card to good use:
- Instead of using expensive bank transfers to send money to The Philippines or using online services to transfer money abroad, this card gives you the opportunity to give your family access to money immediately and with low costs. You’ll eliminate the middle-men by not having to go through your banks and ensure that you send your family the exact amount you want and as often as you want.
- Use Rewire’s Family Card as an emergency backup card. Rewire still offers affordable and safe options to send money online to The Philippines, so if you want to stick with that method but still take advantage of this great service, you can rely on the Family Card as your emergency fund. That way, in case of any family emergencies, your family will have access to cash right away on a preloaded card.
- Use the Family Card for special occasions and load money onto it for birthdays, weddings, or any other celebrations. You can either ask someone in your family to use the card to purchase a gift, or simply have them withdraw cash.
- You can treat your Family Card as a way to save up cash. If you want to have one of your relatives visit you abroad, save up a little each month by adding to the balance of your Family Card. Then, once you’ve saved enough, your family member will be able to use the card to purchase a flight instantly.
Financial Solutions For You and Your Family
Rewire understands that being a migrant affects more than just the individual themselves, but actually their entire family. That’s why we work to bring you new products and services that will make your family’s lives easier because when you’re less worried about what’s going on at home, you’ll be better able to live your life in peace in a new country.